- Have we made arrangements with the treatment program we selected for our chemically dependent person?
_____ a. Checked space availability with treatment facility.
_____ b. Checked out insurance coverage and treatment financing.
- Have we made arrangements in order that the chemically dependent person can go into treatment immediately?
_____ a. Packed a suitcase.
_____ b. Arranged for the care of any children, pets or plants, etc.
_____ c. Made arrangements with the dependent person's employer/school.
_____ d. Made arrangements for the care of any apartments or property, if necessary.
- Has everyone concerned been informed of the time, date and place of the Intervention Session, including:
_____ a. The Intervention Facilitator?
_____ b. All the concerned others who will be participating?
_____ c. The chemically dependent person (at the appropriate time)?
- Have arrangements been made for:
_____ a. Transporting the concerned others to the Intervention Session?
_____ b. Transporting the chemically dependent person to the Intervention Session?
_____ c. Transporting the chemically dependent person to the treatment center?
- Have arrangements been made for the alternatives the concerned others have selected for themselves?
Last Minute Reminders
God, grant me the serenity
- Remember to bring your written Documentation Sheet.
- Remember to follow your facilitator's direction during the intervention.
- Remember that interventions are highly successful. You have worked to prepare for this intervention, and can trust your intervention will be successful.
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.