|The Flu Fest is an opportunity to educate staff about the flu and to promote vaccination of staff members in a fun, relaxed, no pressure atmosphere. Getting vaccinated for the flu is important because:
- By receiving the flu shot, you can help protect yourself, your family, and your patients from getting the flu.
- Influenza outbreaks in healthcare settings are due to low influenza vaccination coverage among staff.
- Influenza can be a severe disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death. Anyone can get sick from the flu.
- Anyone can spread the flu, including patients and coworkers infected with the flu.
- Although you may not feel sick, if you have the flu, you can spread it to others.
- Flu vaccination help protect people who are at higher risk of getting seriously ill from the flu, like senior citizens, people with chronic health conditions and young children, especially infants.
- Flu vaccination also may make your illness milder if you do get sick.
- Receiving a flu vaccination on a yearly basis is currently the best preventative measure available to protect against influenza.
On this day, we were able to get 100 employees & contractors vaccinated against the flu!