A Treatment Center for Body, Mind, and Spirit
With a passion for the recovered life, we treat substance use disorders with a balance of medical science and clinical counseling. All built on the spiritual foundation of abstinence based recovery. Together, we create lasting change and recovery with purpose.
La Hacienda Treatment Center continues to set the standard in professional residential care facilities for alcohol and drug rehabilitation. For over 40 years, individuals and families seeking to improve their quality of life have come to our serene campus to heal and ultimately join the growing number of those who have successfully left their addictions behind. La Hacienda is one of the leading privately-owned drug and alcohol rehab centers in the state of Texas and is ideal for those desiring to escape the bustling city while working toward a full and lasting recovery from addictions and addictive behavior.
- Medical Doctors – Four full-time board certified MDs and one full-time licensed Psychiatrist.
- Professional and full-time staff – La Hacienda employs over 55 licensed professionals, including physicians, therapists, and nurses.
- 24/7 doctor supervised detox unit – Doctors’ offices are located within the detox unit. Your health, safety, and emotional well-being are our primary concern.
- Daily check-ups – Scheduled daily appointments with at least one member of the medical team. Psychiatrist appointments are scheduled if indicated by assessment.
- Environment – Our facility rests on 40 acres of serene Hill Country land situated on the confluence of the North and South Fork of the Guadalupe River in Hunt, Texas. Hunt is located 90 miles from San Antonio and 120 miles from Austin, Texas. Hunt is also home to numerous summer camps and is a place where deer and other wildlife wander free in an unfettered, natural landscape.
- Nutrition – Hot main-course entrees are served at breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a daily assortment of fresh fruits, vegetables, and starches. Nutrition specialists are available to accommodate meal planning and special diets. Health issues and/or eating disorders including diabetes, anorexia, bulimia, etc. are considered at meal times to encourage optimal health based on individual goals and needs.
- Therapeutic Activities – Challenge yourself with our on-site ROPES Course and stroll our walking trails. Gym equipment and two personal trainers are available to help increase your heart rate and boost the release of serotonin and other energizing, natural chemicals while you work toward your new drug and alcohol-free lifestyle. The community center houses a pool table and a ping-pong table in addition to movies, board games, books, and more. An outdoor pool is open on a seasonal basis.
- Spirituality – La Hacienda is home of Serenity Hill, the skyview chapel overlooking one of our stunning Texas valleys. Serenity Hill is one of our campus’ most loved places to meditate. Prayer, journaling, and healing all take place at this breathtaking, open-air gem on the hill. Optional Christian Focus groups are available to those who want a biblical perspective on recovery.
Our Part in Helping You ‘Stay Sober’
La Hacienda is the place to initiate your sobriety and learn to stay sober. Within 3-5 weeks, you will have completed most phases of residential treatment, including detoxification, individual counseling, group therapy, family therapy, specialized classes, activities therapy, and detailed instruction in 12 Step application. You will gain experience and confidence through meeting attendance. At the close of your visit, you will spend some time in silent reflection on what you have learned and preparing to transition to outpatient therapy. You will leave with a plan for how to address any ongoing obstacles to recovery. Each of these components lay the foundation for the most important aspect of your treatment – staying sober when you leave our care.
Our primary goal, however, is to give you the tools to significantly reduce your chances of relapse. The tools, insight, and coping strategies that you gain from your experience at La Hacienda are yours to use for a lifetime and a significant percentage of those who come into our program do not relapse.
An important aspect of treating the ‘whole person’ and preventing relapse is a personalized continuing care plan. Needs and goals are identified early in the treatment process with a formal plan developing on the way to discharge. It is our goal for each patient to leave with plans in place to address the body, mind, and spirit aspects of recovery, including medical appointments, ongoing clinical care, and counseling, as well as 12 Step program involvement. At times there are special needs to consider. Recovery housing, resolution of legal issues, and returning to work concerns are some examples. We work to prepare our patients in all areas in order to give each person the best opportunity for lasting recovery. You will find that our doctors, nurses, therapists, and other professional staff members truly care and take a personal interest in each individual who sets foot on our campus. They embrace the importance of our mission; in fact, many of our staff members have successfully overcome their own addictions and therefore believe that everyone deserves the same opportunity to receive the help they need. Medical Director James Boone, MD attests to the spirit of giving that permeates the facility, “People who work here, like to work here … you can’t ‘make’ that happen.”
A Life-Changing Experience
Over 40 years of successfully helping drug and alcohol addicted persons achieve sobriety attests to the fact that La Hacienda is more than simply a place for detox or attending AA meetings. La Hacienda’s comprehensive program, coupled with a dedicated staff and constructive environment, is a life-changing experience with a quality curriculum that works. Since its establishment in 1972, La Hacienda’s residential drug and alcohol rehab program has provided rehabilitation services to thousands of individuals from all walks of life. If you are considering alcohol or drug rehabilitation for yourself or for a loved one, we encourage you to take the first step by calling La Hacienda Treatment Center today.