While we practice social distancing, many are stuck at home, cooking and eating while perusing social media. There’s time to do more in the kitchen than usual, so we asked our staff to share some of their favorite Quarantine Recipes. We will be posting them here in the coming weeks and hope they help fill both time and stomachs.
By Ashley Martel, Business Development Specialist
This recipe isn’t necessarily special (or original—I found it on Pinterest) but it is practical. And since I’m no cook, you know it’s easy to make, and really, really tasty!
It makes enough to last for several days, so it’s good for times like these.
I love Mexican food and this has all the right stuff in one dish, except guacamole! Which is a good side to have with it, along with some rice.
- 2 cups of chicken breast
- 1 cup of salsa
- ½ cup of cream cheese
- 1 4oz can of diced green chiles- less if you don’t want it so hot
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 diced tomato
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup of tortilla chips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare an 8” square or round dish.
- Place cooked chicken in a sauté pan, add salsa and cream cheese. Heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Add black beans and green chiles and heat.
- Layer ingredients in prepared dish as follows: crushed tortilla chips, chicken mixture, sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot & bubbly.